DIVERSITY & INCLUSION AT WORK
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION IN THE WORKPLACE OVERVIEW
It was only a few years back organizations defined diversity with numbers – focusing on how many employees of color, faith, sexual preference or the percentage of female versus male executives were in their organization.
Today, driving and managing diversity and inclusion involves much more than your teams’ skin color, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or age. Today diversity and inclusion encompasses the ability to recognize, include and inspire the spirit of belonging, engagement, and inclusion in today’s workplace and the world. In this presentation Karen McCullough will inspire you to drive the diversity and inclusion culture. Karen is passionate about inspiring others to gain awareness, appreciation, acceptance and move into positive action. Each of us has the power to make a difference embracing the spirit of inclusion.
- Awareness of the six “dimensions of difference” – gender, age, sexual orientation, ableness, race, and culture/ethnicity.”
- Skill development – Breaking the stereotype barriers.
- Mitigate our unconscious biases by being aware that we all have them.
- Inspiring influencers who are driving the diversity and inclusion agenda.
- Empowering leaders to create an opportunity for action to drive the D&I culture with their teams.
- Identifying ways to drive engagement.
- Reinforcing the importance of growing a healthy diverse and inclusive culture.